We recently asked our employees to provide their thoughts on what makes Dominion Consulting the best company to work for. Each employee received an email from our anonymous survey provider, TINYpulse, that included this question about corporate culture. Our purpose in asking this specific question was to find out what people really looked forward to about work. Having this type of information allows us to focus on maintaining a great corporate culture.
Here is what they said:
Dominion Consulting is thrilled to announce that for the second time, we made the list of The Washington Post’s 2017 Top Workplaces ranking an impressive 21st out 65 similarly sized companies. The Top Workplace award signifies the best places to work in the Washington D.C. metro area. This award is especially important to us because the winners are selected based off the most important criteria – the employee feedback!
The Washington Post partnered with Workplace Dynamics to provide an independent evaluator of the anonymous employee surveys. The winners were selected based on the highest overall scores from a variety of topics: quality of leadership, direction of the company, pay and benefits, and work-life balance.
When someone hears the term “All-Hands Meeting,” the scene that immediately comes to mind is a fluorescent lit hotel conference room with classroom style seating facing a projector screen with executives in suits presenting a PowerPoint slide deck that results in employees in the audience playing a version of corporate buzzword bingo to pass the time. Well, we decided – THIS. Was. Not. Us.
When evaluating Dominion Consulting’s All-Hands events, we try to hit the following criteria:
- All-Hands activities > Daily work activities
- Awesome venue location
- Unlimited beverages and variety of food options
- Provide transparent and honest company highlights
- Team building
- Employee recognition
…. And clearly, the most important – HAVE FUN! (more…)
- Blazing a Bright Path to the Future as TeraThink
- As if DevOps was Not Enough…DevSecOps
- Building the Local Agile Community at AgileDC 2017
- Looking at the Future of Digital at SAP TechEd 2017
- Congratulations Laurence Hart, The Information Coalition’s 1st Honors Fellow
- Dominion Walks to End Alzheimer’s
- People First These Days in Information Governance
- Fall is Coming So It Must Be Time for Dominion’s 2017 Veteran’s Day 5K Race